Liverpool was awards central this weekend, starting with Downtown In Business (DIB) Awards on Thursday evening, The Liverpool Echo Awards on Friday and The 2nd annual Liverpool Fitness Professional Awards (LFPA).
My Fitness Agent hosted the awards ceremony, hosted by Millwood Personal Trainer Academy at The Function Suite in Liverpool city centre.
Guests including Hollyoaks actor Parry Glasspool, model Jade Ainsworth and MD Productions owner Miguel Deforo attended the 2nd annual Liverpool Fitness Professional Awards on Saturday evening at The Function Suite.
The awards which are set to become a regular fixture in Liverpool’s ever growing awards calendar are brought to the city by Liverpool based fitness company My Fitness Agent. Now in its second year the Liverpool Fitness Professional Awards celebrates the very best of the fitness industry in the city.
Liverpool business Unique Juices & Nutrition took home the prize for Best Healthy Eating Establishment on the evening and Sarah, owner of Unique Juices and Nutrition said “this is the 2nd year on the bounce that I have won this award. I love my job and enjoy helping people of Liverpool to live a healthier lifestyle”
Other awards on the evening included Best Personal Trainer which was won by Ryan Roberts, Best Fitness Instructor won by Lisa Townsend, Best Yoga Studio won by Liverpool Yoga Studios and many more.
Jason Porter, founder of My Fitness Agent said “LFPA is now in its 2nd year and is going from strength to strength. Votes this year reached over 6,500 and was voted by the people of Liverpool. This is an exciting time to be part of Liverpool’s thriving fitness industry. This evening is about celebrating our amazing industry in the city and working together to help Liverpool become the most active city in the UK by 2020. These awards are only going to get bigger each year and alongside our event sponsors, Millwood Personal Trainer Academy we have some exciting plans for next year.”
A new award, added to this year’s ceremony is the James Bulger Outstanding Achievement Award which is an award that celebrates those in the city who make a massive achievement. The award was handed out by two of The James Bulger Memorial Trusts ambassadors Reece Ryan and Kirsty Lucas.
The awards, also known as LFPA are set to return next year after a great evening on Saturday. Jason said “We already have been talking about how to improve these awards for next year. Liverpool has an amazing fitness industry and some of the countries best fitness professionals are based in Liverpool. We will return next year and hope to grow and beat our target of 6,500 votes.
Keep an eye out for My Fitness Agent’s campaign to make Liverpool the most active city in the UK by 2020.
Full list of Liverpool Fitness professional Awards winners:
- Best Martial Arts Academy – Team Mushin CIC
- Best Yoga Studio – Liverpool Yoga Studios
- Best Inclusive Sports Group – Everton In The Community
- Best Supplement Provider – T.NUTRITION
- Best Healthy Eating Establishment – Unique Juices & Nutrition
- Best Fitness Innovation – Liverpool Cryotherapy
- Best Sports Therapist – Paul Tremarco
- Sportsperson of the year – Anthony Fowler
- Social Media Personality – Mark Grice
- Member Achievement Award – Jennifer Ginley
- James Bulger Outstanding Achievement Award – Margaret Aspinall
- Best Lifestyles Gym – Lifestyles Peter Lloyd
- Best Fitness Instructor – Lisa Townsend
- Best Personal Trainer – Ryan Roberts
- Best Budget Gym – JD Gym Liverpool
- Best Independent Gym – Pioneer Fitness
- Best Gym – JD Gym Liverpool