Courses can be combined for discounts. Contact the team for more information.
The diploma is a combined level 2 and level 3, and so is ideal for those new to fitness qualifications. It is designed to train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes developing their skills knowledge to pursue a career in personal training.
There are no specific pre-requisite qualifications but some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended. The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary. There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at Level 2.
Qualification Structure and Credit Value
This qualification includes the Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym) and the Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training (QCF). The learner must achieve a minimum of 52 credits from the 10 mandatory units.
Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym)
1. Anatomy and physiology for exercise H/600/901326
2. Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity M/600/901522
3. Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment T/600/901622
4. Principles of exercise, fitness and health A/600/901724
5. Planning gym-based exercise F/600/901824
6. Instructing gym-based exercise A/600/902026
Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training (QCF)
1. Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health A/600/905136
2. Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme L/600/905436
3. Programming personal training with clients F/600/905237
4. Delivering personal training sessions J/600/905339
Multiple Choice question paper
Practical Observation Coursework
Portfolio of evidence